Lake Elmenteita Day Tour
Highlights: Exciting day tour which takes you for a visit to one of the great rift valley lakes – Lake Elmenteita for relaxation, wildlife viewing and birding. The safari starts and ends in Nairobi with possibility of extension and spending the night in one of the lodges / camps in the vicinity.
Early morning departure from your hotel and drive for 1 ½ hours via the Great Rift Valley, stopping shortly for scenery admiration and photos at the scenic escarpment; proceed to Elmenteita arriving at the park for a tour of the lake which is home to zebra, gazelle, eland, warthog and many bird species. You will also see the greater and lesser flamingos which feed on the lake. The tilapia in the lake also attracts many fish eating birds. Have lunch at one of the lodges in the park then at 1600hrs, you will exit from the park and be driven back to Nairobi arriving after 1 ½ hour’s drive. On arrival, be transferred back to your hotel for rest.
What is Included?
– Park entry fees
– Pick up and drop off at your hotel in Nairobi
– Lunch at one of the camps / lodges within the park
– Game drives in a customized safari minibus with open roof
– Bottled water during the tour (1 litre bottle per person)
– Alcoholic / non-alcoholic drinks during the tour
– Any other extras during the tour