Lake Naivasha Day Tour
Highlights: Exciting day tour which takes you for a visit to one of the great rift valley fresh water lakes – Lake Naivasha for trekking, bird watching, nature relaxation, boat rides and cycling. The safari starts and ends in Nairobi with possibility of extension and spending the night in one of the lodges / camps in the vicinity.
Depart from Nairobi at 0630hrs and proceed to Hells Gate passing through the floor of The Great Rift Valley where you can stop for scenery admiration at the breath-taking escarpment. On arrival at Naivasha will carry some picnic lunch from one of the lodges, then enter Hells Gate park where you will take the bikes at the park entrance and enjoy a cycling safari in the company of the local guides who know the park very well. Alternatively you may opt to embark on a 8km trek to the gorges where you will spend more time exploring the ancient and historic caves which make up the park history. The local guide will explain to you about the history of the gorges and caves. Afterwards, you will exit from the park and take the boat to Crescent Island where you will enjoy a guided nature walk as you view animals, birds and enjoy nature. The boat ride is also a great opportunity to spot the hippo and the Kingfisher bird among other birds. In the evening you are transferred back to Nairobi and on arrival you are driven back to your preferred location within the city.
What is Included?
– Park entry fees in Hells Gate National Park & Crescent Island
– Hire of bikes at the park gate
– 1 hour boat ride in Lake Naivasha
– Guided tour of the gorges and caves in Hells Gate
– Pick up and drop off at your hotel in Nairobi
– Picnic lunch in Hells Gate
– Bottled water during the tour (1 litre bottle per person)
– Alcoholic / non-alcoholic drinks during the tour
– Rock climbing, horse riding or any other optional activities during your tour
– Any other extras during the tour